I've worked a lot of jobs where sitting wasn't allowed, and I'm firmly on Team Let Employees Sit (when possible).
Before you get ready to argue that sitting = lazy, check this out: ALDI grocery stores let cashiers sit because it boosts productivity. They scan more items faster while sitting. Wild, eh?
These are some of the comments on the TikTok video:
- Amazon has me standing for 10 hours a shift 😭
- when I worked in fast food I straight up went to the bathroom just so I could sit down
- that no sitting stuff just seems so inhumane to me
- I just go to the restroom and sit on da toilet or go to the storage and lay in some boxes😭
- taking a bathroom break just to sit down
- omg this was me at BK, my feet would be burning so bad when I worked weekends 😭
- bro my job told me I need a doctor's note to sit because I sprained my ankle… I sprained it at work y'all
- I'll be standing on one foot at a time leaning on a counter giving one foot at a time some rest 😂
- when I act like I'm on period so I can sit down in the bathroom for 5 minutes
- I literally have feet & leg problems because I stand for 9 hours every day. petition to let workers sit at their jobs.
- feet be on FIRE after each shift.
- THEY TOOK THE CHAIRS OUT OF OUR BREAK ROOM AT MY MCDONALDS!!! LIKE WHAT!!!
- Me, sitting in the blind spots of the security cameras: 😏😏
- there's no reason why I can’t sit, I should not be limping out of my minimum wage job
h/t: Daily Dot