Here's the idea as of Friday. Entertainment businesses including movie theaters, concert houses, auditoriums, playhouses, bowling alleys and arcades can reopen. They will have to operate at just 50 percent capacity. Appropriate social distancing and sanitation protocols will be required.
Bars will also be allowed to reopen at 50 percent capacity inside and full capacity outside with social distancing. Customers will only be served if they are seated. In addition, restaurants will be allowed to open bar-top seating with appropriate social distancing.
Stores and gyms will be allowed to operate at full capacity in Phase Two but will need to have “responsible social distancing” and sanitation protocols in place.
Here is the bullet point list:
- Restaurants: Can allow bar-top seating with social distancing
- Bars/pubs: Can operate at 50% capacity inside, full capacity outside with social distancing
- Retail: Full capacity with social distancing and sanitization protocols
- Gyms: Full capacity with social distancing and frequent sanitization
- Entertainment businesses (movie theaters, concert houses, auditoriums, bowling alleys): 50% capacity with social distancing and sanitization
- Betting businesses: Submit request to state including endorsement from mayor
- Personal services (tattoo parlors, acupuncture, tanning salons, massage salons): May operate while adhering to DOH guidance
- Age 65+ or with underlying conditions: Avoid crowds
- Long-term care facility workers: Get tested routinely
- Everyone: Avoid congregating in groups of 50+
photo: getty images