Pandemic Unemployment Assistance:
- The Federal Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) program provides unemployment benefits to those that may not otherwise be eligible under Florida’s state Reemployment Assistance program, including independent contractors and individuals who are self-employed. Individuals who have been impacted by COVID-19 and believe they may be eligible for Pandemic Unemployment Assistance, can visit and select "File a Claim" to apply and be considered for PUA.
- Clickherefor PUA Application Process.
- Clickherefor PUA Frequently Asked Questions.
- Clickherefor COVID-19 Employment Scenarios.
- Applicants should utilize the following criteria when applying for PUA:
- Individuals who applied for the state’s Reemployment Assistance benefits on or after April 5,2020, and were deemed ineligible for state Reemployment Assistance benefits will receive additional application information from the Department. They can also visitwww.FloridaJobs.org/cares-actfor more information regarding these programs.
- Those who are self-employed, contract employees, gig workers, or others who applied for the state’s Reemployment Assistance benefits on or before April 4, 2020, should apply atwww.FloridaJobs.organd select “File a Claim” to request PUA.
- Unemployed Floridians who have not yet applied for any benefit should apply atwww.FloridaJobs.organd will be considered for all existing programs, including PUA.
- DEO will be conducting nightly maintenance to the CONNECT system to process claims and payments. CONNECT will be available from 8 a.m. to 7:59 p.m. daily. This schedule does not affect individuals that wish to file a new claim.Individuals can file a new claim 24 hours a day, seven days per week at and select "File a Claim."
HOW TO APPLY FOR REEMPLOYMENT ASSISTANCE:
DEO has a mobile-friendly online application for individuals filing a new Reemployment Assistance claim available here. For a step by step guide on how to apply read more here. For the Reemployment Assistance Resource Guide which includes frequently asked questions, please click here. For additional information about Reemployment Assistance benefits visitwww.FloridaJobs.org/COVID-19.
photo: getty images