Please be advised that beginning Monday, December 17th, two temporary roadway projects will impact traffic patterns for upcoming Lightning home games and other events at AMALIE Arena. See below for more information regarding these projects and the resulting event traffic patterns.
Channelside Drive Re-Grading Project
- Where?/When?: Channelside Drive will be re-graded from Old Water Street to Meridian Avenue just East of AMALIE Arena. The project will commence on December 17, 2018 and it is scheduled to be completed on January 29, 2019.
- Game/Event Arrival: Traffic flow on Channelside Drive will be reduced to one westbound lane between Old Water Street and Meridian Avenue during the first phase of construction.
- Post-Game/Event Departure: Traffic flow on Channelside Drive will be reduced to one eastbound lane between Old Water Street and Meridian Avenue during the first phase of construction.
- Allow Extra Time: If your travels to and/or from downtown include navigation east of AMALIE Arena, we recommend factoring extra time into your travel plans to ensure arrival prior to event start time.
Old Water Street Sewer Force Main Construction
- Where?/When?: Old Water Street will be closed to traffic between S Franklin Street and Florida Avenue as part of Phase 1 of the Wastewater Capital Improvement project (area directly west of the Marriott Waterside). The project will commence on December 17, 2018 and it is scheduled to be completed on April 5, 2019.
- Take Morgan Street: Traffic flow on Old Water Street in front of the Marriott will be significantly reduced. Please use the Morgan Street entrance if you have a South Regional Garage season pass.
- Allow Extra Time: If you park in the South Regional Garage, or if you are coming to the Marriott Hotel on game/event days, please allow for extra time once you enter downtown Tampa.
Fan Travel Recommendations
- Waze: Download the Waze app on iOS or Android for live, up-to-date navigation advisories.
- Stay North of Channelside!: If usage of Channelside Drive is not essential to your arrival at AMALIE Arena, please consider alternate travel routes for improved traffic flow.
- Advance Passes: If you do not currently have a season parking pass, season and advance single game options are available at www.tampabaylightning.com/parking.
- Park And Ride: The TECO Streetcar now offers free rides to and from any stations along their route (runs 60 minutes following the conclusion of the game)! Please click here for a detailed TECO Line Streetcar map (route noted in red).
- Ride Share Options: Utilize a ride share app for convenient drop off at AMALIE Arena (Uber available for download on iOS and Android)! Click here for a map including ride sharing pick up locations.