It's National Sandwich Day! A website recently conducted a poll asking people if various things ARE or ARE NOT sandwiches.
Here are the results, ranked by approval:
1. A PB&J: 98% say YES. A lot of people even call it a "peanut butter and jelly sandwich." It's right there in the name!
2. Breakfast Bagels: 87% say YES.
3. Burgers: 62% say YES.
4. Avocado Toast: 38% say YES.
5. Eggs Benedict: 27% say YES. Like as an open-face sandwich?
6. Hot Dogs: This one is a classic question. 26% say YES.
7. Gyros: 19% say YES.
8. Burritos: 12% say YES.
9. Tacos: 10% say YES.
10. Quesadillas: 8% say YES.
11. Empanadas: 6% say YES.
12. Wraps: 6% say YES. It's strange that burritos get twice as much support as wraps . . . because wraps are usually just rolled-up sandwiches, while burritos are, well, burritos.
13. Calzones: 5% say YES.
14. Ravioli (???): Just 2% say YES.
Don't forget that if you're FLYING today or tomorrow . . . in a middle seat . . . you can send a photo of yourself to Subway for a chance to get a coupon for a free foot-long. They say they're giving out 10,000 of them.
Article Pic: Getty Images