Pinellas County Schools have announced 12 Schools will be adjusting start times to help ease busing schedules for the fall!
A dozen Schools in Pinellas have announced start time changes for the fall as a way to ease an overloaded bussing system which could range anywhere from 15 mins to over and hour.
During a School Board Meeting on Tuesday board members said, "as of right now, it’s very unpredictable as the district reports 339 drivers having to cover 373 routes. The district has said students are constantly late to school with parents never knowing when to truly expect the bus."
The School Board addressed concerns that beforecare and aftercare for students would also be adjusting to their times to accommodate the changes.
SCHOOLS THAT WILL BE CHANGING START TIMES IN THE FALL '22
- Elementary Schools moving from 8:15 a.m. - 3:15 p.m.to 8:30 a.m. - 3:15 p.m.
- Campbell Park
- Fairmount Park
- Gulfport Montessori
- Sandy Lane
- Elementary Schools moving from 7:35 a.m. - 1:45 p.m.to 8:45 a.m. - 2:55 p.m.
- Sawgrass Lake
- James B. Sanderlin K-8 moving from 8:55 a.m. - 3:05 p.m. to 9:25 a.m. - 3:35 p.m.
- Perkins Elementary moving from 8:45 a.m. - 2:55 p.m.to 9:15 a.m. - 3:25 p.m.
- Clearwater Intermediate moving from 9:40 a.m. - 4:10 p.m. to 9:15 a.m. - 3:45 p.m.