Not only is March Women’s History Month, today (March 8th) is International Women’s Day, a day to celebrate women’s achievements around the world. Things will look a little different this year as the events will be happening online rather than in person, but that just means there are more for you to take part in. These are some of the virtual events celebrating International Women’s Day that you can enjoy safely from the comfort of home.
- United Nations’ Observance of International Women’s Day- Their theme for this year’s event is “Women in Leadership: Achieving an Equal Future in a COVID-19 World, on the Way to the Generation Equality Forum” and you can stream on Twitter, YouTube and more from 10am to 12:30pm ET to see speakers including the Secretary General of the U.N.,António Guterres.REGISTER HERE
- Hey Mama’s Choose to Challenge International Women’s Day Event- HeyMama, a private online community for working moms, is hosting this free event from 3pm to 4pm ET with several female speakers, including journalistMara Schiavocampo.REGISTER HERE
- The Corner Brook Status of Women Council’s International Women’s Day Event- Canada’s Corner Brook Status of Women Council is a “friendly, non-judgemental place that provides a variety of services to women” and hosts events to raise awareness of the injustice women often face. Their event today from 5pm to 7pm ET features women speakers, musical guests and an appearance by the comedy troupe Mom’s Girls.REGISTER HERE
- 1,000 Women Leaders: A Global Movement For Peace & Equality- Hosted by The United Nations Women’s Peace and Humanitarian Fund, this event kicks off a global campaign to support 1,000 women leaders working toward a brighter, more peaceful future. Speakers at the event from 1:30pm to 2:30pm ET today includeWhoppi GoldbergandKristen Bell.REGISTER HERE
- International Women's Day 2021: A Series of Virtual Events- Hosted by PRUDE, Inc., which works to educate on the harmful effects of racism and discrimination of all forms, this event features women’s stories and their journeys. It’s happening this evening from 6pm to 7:30pm ET.REGISTER HERE