Bradford Gauthier lives in Worcester, Massachusetts. And last Tuesday morning, he shoveled snow for about an hour, then he went inside and took a sip of water. But he couldn't swallow it.
He had to tip his head forward and let the water drain back out of this throat. And he realized something was lodged in his esophagus, but didn't know what.
Then his son reminded him that he'd said he couldn't find one of his WIRELESS EARBUDS when he woke up.
Bradford wears them to watch TV in bed, and falls asleep with them in a lot. And at some point in the night, he INGESTED one of them.
He doesn't know if he was dreaming about food and ate it, or if it just fell out and ended up in his mouth somehow. But doctors found it on an X-ray and removed it.
He says the headphone still works, but the microphone is glitchy. So he might have to buy a new one to replace it. And he's speaking out to warn other people that falling asleep with headphones in might be risky.
Source: NBC Boston
Article Pic: Getty Images