BUCCANEERS VS 49ERS POSTGAME NOTES
- CB Vernon Hargreaves III returned an interception 15 yards for a touchdown in the second quarter. It was the first interception of the season for Hargreaves and the second of his career (12/11/16 vs. New Orleans). The touchdown was the first of Hargreaves’ career and the first for the Buccaneers since CB Robert McClain returned an interception for a touchdown on 9/17/17 vs. Chicago.
- OLB Shaquil Barrett sacked 49ers QB Jimmy Garoppolo for an eight-yard loss in the second quarter. It was Barrett's first sack with Tampa Bay. He now has 15.0 in his NFL career. Barrett finished the game with four total tackles, including the sack.
- CB Carlton Davis III recorded a fumble recovery in the closing seconds of the first half. It was the second fumble recovery of his career (9/16/18 vs. Philadelphia).
- QB Jameis Winston connected with WR Chris Godwin for a 10-yard touchdown – the first offensive touchdown of the Buccaneers season. Winston has 89 passing touchdowns in his career, while Godwin hauled in the ninth touchdown reception of his career. Godwin led the team with three receptions for 53 yards and one touchdown.
- Winston finished the game 20-for-36 with 194 passing yards and one touchdown. In his 57th career game and on his final completion of the night, QB Jameis Winston surpassed Vinny Testaverde (14,820 yards in 76 games w/ TB) for the most passing yards in franchise history.
MOST PASSING YARDS - (Team History)
Rank Player Pass Yards
1. Jameis Winston, 2014-Pres. 14,821
2. Vinny Testaverde, 1987-92 14,820
3. Josh Freeman, 2009-13 13.534
4. Trent Dilfer, 1994-99 12,969
5. Doug Williams, 1978-82 12,648
6. Brad Johnson, 2001-04 10,940
7. Steve DeBerg, 1984-93 9,439
8. Craig Erickson, 1992-94 6,094
9. Jeff Garcia, 2007-08 5,152
10. Brian Griese, 2004-08 4,841
- RB Ronald Jones recorded career-high marks in both rushing and receiving yards in the game. Jones led the team with 75 yards rushing on 13 carries (5.8 yards per carry). In the passing game, Jones had an 18-yard section.
- K Matt Gay converted the first field-goal attempt of his NFL career – a 31-yard attempt in the fourth quarter.
- CB Jordan Whitehead led the defense with eight total tackles, followed by ILB Lavonte David who had seven (one for loss).
- Players making NFL debut: CB Jamel Dean, CB Sean Murphy-Bunting, K Matt Gay, OLB Anthony Nelson, LS Zach Triner and ILB Devin White.