The City of Tampa will have Sandbags available at Parks & Recreation Facilities in Preparation for Hurricane Dorian around the Bay Area.
Sandbags will be available to city residents at the following locations from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. today:
- Himes Ave. Complex - 4501 S. Himes Ave
- MacFarlane Park – 1700 N. MacDill Ave.
- Al Barnes Park – 2902 N. 32nd St
Please note: A valid driver's license, utility bill, or electric bill will serve as proper identification to retrieve the sandbags.
There is a limit of 10 bags per person.
When an official warning is declared, the city makes sand, shovels, and bags available to city residents (with proof of residence through a driver's license) at these city locations:
- Northeast Park,875 62nd Avenue NE. (located at the Cardinal Drive entrance to Mangrove Bay Golf Course)
- James “JC” Turner Fields,643 22nd Avenue S. (located on the south side of Bartlett Park) sandbags will be distributed in the parking lot of the fields
- Northwest Pool,2331 60th Street N., sandbags will be distributed in the pool parking lot
Please note: Sandbags are limited to 10 bags per resident, and staff will be on hand to assist seniors and others who may be unable to fill and load their own sandbags.
Residents can visit these self-serve sandbag locations in the county. They are open 24 hours. Officials say bring a shovel and be prepared to fill your own bags.
- Magnolia Valley Golf Course Clubhouse, 7223 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey
- (Opens at 1 p.m.) Pasco Fire Rescue Station 17, 2951 Seven Springs Blvd, New Port Richey
- Pasco County Public Works (C-Barn), 30908 Warder Road, San Antonio
- Old Dade City Police Station, 38042 Pasco Ave., Dade City
Residents in Manatee County can get sandbags from two locations Friday and Saturday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- 5511 39th Street E
- 1108 26th Avenue E
Sandbag fill sites will open tomorrow for Polk County residents preparing for Tropical Storm Dorian.
A maximum of 10 sandbags will be provided to each household to help prevent water intrusion into the home.
Beginning at 7 a.m. Aug. 28, the following locations will provide sand and sandbags. Please bring your own shovel.
Sandbag fill site locations are:
- Mulberry – 900 NE 5thSt., Mulberry, (863) 519-4734
- Lakeland – 8970 N. Campbell Road, Lakeland (863) 815-6701
- Fort Meade – 1061 NE 9thSt., Fort Meade (863) 285-6588
- Frostproof – 350 County Road 630A, Frostproof (863) 635-7879
- Auburndale – 1701 Holt Road, Auburndale (863) 965-5524
- Dundee – 805 Dr. Martin Luther King St. SW, Dundee, (863) 421-3367
All sites will remain open from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.Tuesday through Thursday. On Friday, only the Fort Meade and Frostproof sites will remain open. On Monday, only the Mulberry, Lakeland, Auburndale and Dundee sites will be open. However, this could change depending on the storm’s track and intensity.