Florida Man Dies From Bacteria In Oysters He Ate

After eating oysters in a Florida restaurant on Wednesday, a 71 year old man died after eating oysters containing a flesh eating bacteria called Vibrio Vulnificus. The bacteria grows in warm saltwater and people can get it by consuming raw shellfish or exposing open wounds to water.  

Getting infected with the bacteria is rare, but it is commonly found in people whose immune systems have been compromised.

According to state of Florida statistics, 16 people have been infected with Vibrio Vulnificus and three people have died just this year, and 11 died from it last year in 2017.

Full Story & Credit:Michelle Robertson-WDSU NBC 6 News New OrleansFlorida man dies after eating oyster tainted with 'flesh-eating' bacteria;

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content