Cinco de Mayo is this Sunday, which means your weekend MIGHT involve some drinking. But if you're on a date, you'll want to keep things in check so you don't get too sloppy. Here are five tips for properly pulling off a drinking date . . .
1. Eat Something. If you're not having dinner together before you go out, make sure you still eat something. Just keep it light . . . like half a sandwich or a quick snack . . . so you don't feel sick once you start drinking.
2. Drink Water. A good rule of thumb is to have a glass of water for every one or two drinks: You'll pace yourself better, it keeps you hydrated, and you'll be less likely to have a nasty hangover.
3. Play a Game. If the bar you're at has pool or darts, play a few rounds. As long as you don't turn it into a DRINKING game, it should provide a distraction so you're not just sucking down alcohol while trying to make small talk.
4. Take It To a Second Location. Once you've had a few drinks at one place, walk or cab it to another place. It'll give you a short break to sober up, you'll get a change of scenery, and you'll get a chance to talk on the way.
5. Stick to Beer. There's no faster way for things to turn sloppy than taking tequila shots. So if you're a lightweight, stay away from the hard stuff and stick to beer.